This blanket comes in its own carry bag is 8.5' x 12' when fully deployed. The aluminum side of the blanket reflects up to 90% of body heat and can be used to create a radiant barrier or signal for help. The other side is made of a durable nylon which can be used as a blanket, tarp or shelter when camping, hunting, backpacking or boating. Now with 10 reinforced grommets so that it can be staked to the ground or strung up as an overhead shelter.
- NOW EXTRA LARGE! At 8.5' X 12', this is the Granddaddy to our standard-size survival blanket with the same legendary quality. Weighs in at 3.6 lbs.
- MANY USES: Can be used as a ground tarp, shelter, tent or emergency blanket when camping, hunting, backpacking or boating. Keep one in the trunk of your car.
- ALL WEATHER BLANKET: This unique blanket features a Mylar reflective side which can be used to reflect heat, create a radiant barrier or signal for help. The other side is made of a two layers of polypropylene, which can be used as a blanket, tarp or shelter.
- 10 REINFORCED TIE-DOWN GROMMETS: Easily hang or secure to reflect or deflect heat or create a waterproof barrier.
- SUPER VERSATILE: Reflects heat, waterproof, windproof, compact, lightweight and durable.
Perfect as an awning for my Jeep Commander
Very happy with the quality of this tarp. Provided wonderful shade while camping in the Keys. I would recommend to a friend and am going to get another smaller one as well.
Just got back from a 3 night coyote hunt and I was very satisfied with the XL tarp. With me being 6’10”, I carry a 40lb. pack along with a 308 bolt rifle so the little extra weight versus the 5x7’s I was fine. The next trip I should have the Jon’s tarp sleeve cot for a raised bed with plenty of coverage using the XL , thanks for the tarp it works great.
When I became in the market for a survival blanket/tarp I was on the fence and just wouldn’t pull the trigger on buying one ,, I saw the torture test done by corporals corner and immediately purchased 2 regular size ones and a poncho .. I was wishing someone made one bigger for the set up I prefer to use .. and once again Arcturus came through .. first day available I purchased one and haven’t had one issue or complaint .. this equipment deserves more than five stars !, I wish they would get in the market of hammocks , tents and sleeping bags .. I would be more than glad to be a field tester for those product lines ..
Great piece of equipment. As stated in the title it is exactly what I was looking for and made even better than I expected. 5 Stars, Well done ARCTURUS!