HEAVY AND WARM - The Arcturus wool blanket weighs 4.5 lbs, with a density of 550 GSM (that means nice and thick). This blanket will keep you warm, period.
GREAT LOOKING, LONG LASTING - Loom-woven and hemmed on all sides with contrast lock stitching, our blanket looks right at home in the field or on your couch, while standing up to rugged use and abuse.
PLENTY OF ROOM FOR ALL - Large size (64" x 88") will keep you and a friend cozy while camping, at a tailgate, football game, or an outdoor concert, or just as an emergency blanket in your vehicle.
80% WOOL - Wool is a time-tested natural fabric that will keep you warm, even when wet. The remainder of the blanket is composed of 20% hypoallergenic synthetic fibers for durability and washability. Wool is a naturally fire-retardant material. The blanket itself is not treated with any additional flame-retardant chemicals, making it safe for you and your family.
To keep shedding to an absolute minimum. we recommend hand washing your blanket in cold water. You may also machine wash your blanket separately in cold water on a delicate cycle. However, to maximize the life of your blanket (and to avoid unnecessary shedding), we recommend washing your blanket by hand.
To extend the life of your blanket, we also recommend line drying. Dryers are hard on clothes and blankets alike, and line drying is much gentler.
These blankets are soft, warm, and snuggly. My husband and I were both able to cuddle under one at our firepit. We were nice and warm even though it was a chilly evening.
Heard about these from a friend and got 3 of my own. They are amazing quality especially at the price. These are seriously warm, not scratchy at all and not too heavy. And they look nice when we set them out for guests to come sit by the fire pit. We have 2 authentic original Swiss Army boiled wool blankets and even if these aren’t quite that, they are by far the next best thing we could find. I may order more.
Just absolutely awesome quality 👌
I've been hoping to get a wool blanket for a while now. A lot of what is out there is just too pricey. This is a great blanket for the price and also love that you can wash it at home if you follow their simple instructions. Warm and comfy.
One issue I noticed was a lot of shedding occurred in the first week. Left quite a lot of little strands of wool hairs and pills on our bed. This shedding issue seems to fade with time but there is still pilling on the blanket itself.
I ordered through the Arcturus instead of Amazon, in hopes of supporting them directly, but Amazon seemed to fulfill the order anyway. Took a little longer to receive than if I had just ordered using Amazon Prime.
I received my blanket and was so pleased when I opened the package. I was a little concerned about how to wash it and if it would have a wooly smell. They company included information saying the blanket had been prewashed 3 times and no need to wash before using. It had no off odor, either. It is soft and warm and I love it. I originally bought this blanket for use in my camper on chilly nights and now I think I will order one for my home, also. The company also made sure on their enclosed information to let me know that if I had any problems or concerns whatsoever to contact them and they will take care of me. It's not often you receive this kind of friendly customer service. Love this company and will continue to use them. You can't go wrong with them.